Training – Tailored and Delivered by the Experts
Quarterly, half-yearly or annual tailored training and briefings on contemporary financial reporting, auditing and corporate governance developments can be arranged to meet your in-house training and strategic needs. Training courses and briefings are delivered by the experts: Parker,Dixon, Pound, LeGreca and Sauer.
Discussions are held with key stakeholders to:
- Understand the business and group training dynamics
- Agree the objectives of the particular course and duration (e.g., two hour, half-day, full day, or extended training)
- Agree the presentation format (e.g., pre-reading material, lecture format, case studies, examples, and precedents)
- Determine the extent and use of specific client sourced information to enhance the relevancy of the training session
- Determine the desirability of sharing the presentation
- Identify particular points of emphasis
- Identify expectations of the training outcome, and
- Prepare proposed course outline.
Contemporary topics and refresher courses can be arranged into training sessions of a duration and cost that meet your individual needs.
- Financial Reporting for 30 June 2008
- New Accounting Standards – Financial Instruments Disclosure, and Operating Segments
- Business Combinations and Consolidation Revisions
- Revisions to the public sectors standards AAS 27, AAS 29 and AAS 31
- Amending Accounting Standards and new Interpretations
- Financial Reporting for SMEs and NFPs
- Contemporary Financial Reporting Issues (e.g., ASIC surveillance, Financial Reporting Panel, and Exposure Drafts)
- Corporations Law Developments
- Refresher courses on individual Accounting Standards (e.g., impairment, business combinations, income taxes, financial instruments)
- Understanding the New Legally-backed Auditing Standards Regime
- ASIC Reviews and CALDB Findings
- New and revised Ethical Standards from APES
- Quality Control Standards and Reports
- New Pronouncements from the AUASB
- Review of Individual Auditing Standards
- Impact of Legally-backed Auditing Standards on Directors and Preparers
- Revised ASX Corporate Governance Rules and Findings
- ASIC and APRA Governance Lessons
- International Governance Developments – Lessons for Directors
- Contemporary Issues in Governance
A master copy of participants’ material that may include notes, case studies, checklists, precedents and PowerPoint is made available prior to course. The participants’ material may be placed on your intranet for access by staff.
Executive and Client Briefings
Briefings are a ‘head-up’ on the latest financial reporting, auditing and corporate developments that identify recent developments, key points, opportunities and risks. These briefings can be conducted on bimonthly or quarterly basis, and normally run between 1-2 hours. Notes and PowerPoint support the presentation.
Briefing can be arranged for audit committees, executive management team, and partners and managers of accounting firms. As a client service, a financial reporting seminars can be undertaken.
Our Training Team
Our trainers are acknowledged experts in their fields, as well as experienced presenters. GAAP Consulting trainers are Colin Parker and Jim Dixon. We also drawn our network colleagues: Greg Pound , Stephen LeGreca and David Sauer.